Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics (ADAM)
The Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics is an one year course with 4 modules – Mechanical, Electronics, Vehicle Systems and Soft Skills.
- Engine - various modern engines and its functions
- Transmissions, Chassis systems
- Maintenance & Servicing of Modern Vehicle
- Introduction to Workshop Information System (WIS)
- PDI & servicing - Preparation of work plan using maintenance checklist
- Quality services, etc.
- Basic Electrics
- Wiring Diagram - symbols & designation of electrical components
- Sockets & pin diagrams
- Reading of wiring diagram
- Basic Electronics
- Principle & applications of sensors
- Digital Electronics
- Basics of CAN bus networking of control units using CAN bus
- Location of CAN voltage distributor
- Interior & Exterior CAN.
- Vehicle Component Study; Different Vehicle Management System: Functions of Engine management & Emission control management - i.e. Advanced CDI, MESFI, Catalytic converter etc., ESP, ABS, BAS, ASR, Parktronic, SRS, Auto transmission electronic control, Telematics (Basic), MOST, D2B, Auto air-conditioning etc.A test based on Advanced automotive systems, Mechanical, Electronics and Workshop will be conducted at the end of this module.
Soft-skill Development Module
- Communication skills- Verbal Communication
- Body language
- Presentation skill using modern aids
- Written communication - Business letter writing
- Technical Report writing, etc.
- Two week training at dealer’s workshop to perform a maintenance service activity and practice the various process of vehicle maintenance.
The progress will be monitored. A test will be conducted at the end of each module.